Re: [amibroker] contemplating buying Amibroker

Response below:

> I hope you can help.  I'm seriously contemplating consolidating my
> accounts to interactivebrokers and I see amibroker is compatible.
>
> 1.  Does amibroker support charts for futures, options, and forex, or
> just stocks?

Amibroker is a charting program It will support any chart that you provide
data for.

> 2.  I think I read the software is limited to 500 symbols.  Is that
> true?  It strikes me that this is very small considering the number
> of potential symbols if active options, and futures are included with
> stocks.

There is no limit to the number of issues. It's just a matter of how much
hard disk space you have

> 3.  Does the screening utility apply to futures as well or just
> stocks?  Does screening apply to all stocks or self-selected stocks?

A chart is a chart is a chart... you can screen / analyse any chart

> 4.  I'm a stockcharts.com Extra! Subscriber, and I like it but I'm
> looking for a more comprehensive software that can accommodate
> futures, options and forex in addition to stocks.  Does Amibroker fit
> this profile?

Yes. Options programs usually have very specialized software that are unique
to options. While you can certainly display options data, depending on what
exactly you want to do with options data, you may find Amibroker (and any
other charting program) not quite up to par for options.