[amibroker] Re: NDX import

Hi,

In addition to my last message.

A) Alternate method for point 4.

- Go to yahoo finance:In the box enter symbol enter ^NDX .
- On the subsequent page you click on components.
- On subsequent page select and copy all columns related to tickers
- Open MS Excel and past on first cell.
- Select and copy two first columns.
- Open MS Notepad and past text. The result is 2 columns of Tickers
and names separated by TAB.
- Save de text file (p.e. NDX.txt).
- Use this file to import data on AB (wizard import).
- wizard settings: ticker, full name, skip, skip, skip, skip, skip;
separator: tab; no quotation data.

B) Option to save symbols in tls format.

after point 7) use Amiquote to save symbols in tls format.

Kind regards,

Angelo

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Angelo Fonseca"

<dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hello Scott,
> > Scott <sworcester@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Hello -
> > New user here. I am trying to import NDX historical quotes from
> yahoo.
> > I added the NDX  symbol with Symbol/New (just like that, not
> ^NDX). I
> > saved the historical quotes file to my desktop, and then
activated
> the
> > Import Wizard and successfully imported it, but now I can't find
> the
> > file. I click on ^Ndx and it isnt there. Also, I must have messed
> > something up because I now see now graphs at all, not even for
the
> > DJI. Can someone help me? I am combtace on Yahoo if you are
online.

> > Thanks,
> > Scott
> >
> > Try this out,
> >
> >     Go to yahoo finance:In the  box enter symbol enter ^NDX .
> >
> > ON the subsequent page(top left hand side) you click on
> components.>> ON subsequent page bottom click add to portfolio.Do
> the same for the next 50 stocks also now you have your portfolio
for
> ^Ndx.Then for this portfolio at bottom click download to
spreadsheet