[amibroker] Re: Slope is degrees for EMA34 price line

Hi,
 I was searching in the archive earlier. Ifyou search first time it
does not come with any esults as it only searches in the last message.
If you search second time then only it brings the results. Thats yahoo
anyway.

Thanks for your code for the slope i ndegrees.
I tried it for EMA34 period for the slope in degrees for the last two
periods and it brings a value of .7316 and is constant throughout the
daily chart. It seems to be incorrect. I have codes it like this based
on yhe formula you have provied:

===========
ARRAY=EMA(C,34);
L1=LastValue(Cum(1));
X0=L1-2;
X1=L1-1;
Y0=ARRAY[X0];
Y1=ARRAY[X1];
ANGLE=atan((Y1-Y0)/(X1-X0))*45/atan(1);

==============

Please let me know where I am doing wrong.

Thanks
Choco

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
> Here's roughly the same version from my indicator window and it
works.  Try it,adjust the parameters and it will

> display the angle in degrees and radians.
>

> This is attributed to Dimitris Tsokakis from 2004
>
> Hope this helps
>
> JOE
>
> /* Suppose you START 50 bars before the last bar AND the END is 20 bars
>
> ago.
>
> for any ARRAY, the angle is
>
> */
>
> Start = Param("Starting Bar", 50,10,122,1);
>
> End = Param("Ending Bar",30,10,122,1);
>
> // START=50;END=30;
>
> ARRAY=RSI();
>
> L1=LastValue(Cum(1));
>
> X0=L1-START;X1=L1-END;
>
> Y0=ARRAY[X0];Y1=ARRAY[X1];
>
> Plot(ARRAY,"",1,1);
>
> Plot(LineArray(X0,Y0,X1,Y1),"",4,1);
>
> Plot(LineArray(X0,Y0,X1,Y0),"",4,1);
>
> ANGLE=atan((Y1-Y0)/(X1-X0));
>
> Title="ANGLE="+WriteVal(ANGLE)+" RADS"+", ["+WriteVal(45*ANGLE/atan
>
> (1),1.0)+" DEGS]";

am I doing wrong.  Here is the code from message 77688

>         Message 77688 of 78582  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]
Message Index     Msg #

>         From:  "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx>
>         Date:  Fri Feb 4, 2005  9:17 pm
>         Subject:  Re: [amibroker] Convert linregslope into degrees
>

>         Hellllloooooo!   Did you see my note?
>         JOE
>

>   Joseph Landry <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
>
>     Please work on those search techniques!
>     I just searched for < slope > and got twenty hits including the one
>     I posted at MSG 77688 where you'll find Dimitris' code to calculate
>     the angle is presented.
>
>     JOE
>     --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sinhavishal" <sinhavishal@xxxx>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     > I did search but can't find the code.
>     > Is this correct as following:
>     >
>     > EMA34 = EMA(C,34);
>     > Slopeindegrees = atan(ROC(EMA34,2)) * 3.1476 * 360;
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > choco
>     >
>     > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx>
wrote:
>     > > Search on the posts here for the past week or 2
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:25:00 -0000, sinhavishal
>     <sinhavishal@xxxx>
>     > wrote:
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > > has anybody written code to find this in AB?
>     > > >
>     > > > Thanks
>     > > > Vishal
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > > Check AmiBroker web page at:
>     > > > http://www.amibroker.com/
>     > > >
>     > > > Check group FAQ at:
>     > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > > >
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > --
>     > > Cheers
>     > > Graham
>     > > http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/
>

>     Check AmiBroker web page at:
>     http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>     Check group FAQ at:

>   Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
>   http://mail.yahoo.com
>
>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>   Check group FAQ at: