Re: [amibroker] NDX import

Hello Scott,
Scott <sworcester@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello -
New user here. I am trying to import NDX historical quotes from yahoo.
I added the NDX  symbol with Symbol/New (just like that, not ^NDX). I
saved the historical quotes file to my desktop, and then activated the
Import Wizard and successfully imported it, but now I can't find the
file. I click on ^Ndx and it isnt there. Also, I must have messed
something up because I now see now graphs at all, not even for the
DJI. Can someone help me? I am combtace on Yahoo if you are online.

Thanks,
Scott

Try this out,

    Go to yahoo finance:In the  box enter symbol enter ^NDX .

ON the subsequent page(top left hand side) you click on components.>> ON subsequent page bottom click add to portfolio.Do the same for the next 50 stocks also now you have your portfolio for ^Ndx.Then for this portfolio at bottom click download to spreadsheet and on your comp you have a csv file for the ^NDX.Open this csv file and select the first column of the tickers and copy and paste in microsoft frontpage.Paste special as formatted paragraph.Then using yourdown arrow key on keyboard and comma go thru the whole list and add commas at end of tickers ( shouldnt take long maybe a minute).Again select all and cut and now paste special as normal paragraph.Now you have tickers as one paragraph.

        In your amibroker open SYmbol>>> watchlist >>>Type in symbols .Here you select a watchlist and copy paste your paragraph of symbols from front page.Then use amiquote to import data from yahoo.

          Hope this solves your problem .(Use ms-frontpage it is more convenient and has more features for text manipulation)

-- N !!

Warm regards,
Natasha !

Visit The Doll Palace [Where Cartoon Dolls Live]

Do you Yahoo!?