[amibroker] Re: How to use AmiBroker on 2nd PC ?

I created an AmiBroker file in the program files of my work
computer. I copies the Data file into it (Note: there is no RTData
file as you indicated, I only have a Data file, and I assume it is
the same thing essentially).

I opened AB from my flash drive, and YES, it works. However, the
only problem is that there is no auto-updater in the Tools dropdown
list. Auto-updater is totally missing from the list. Wierd, eh?

Any suggestions?

patrick

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Christoper" <turkey@xxxx> wrote:

> I carry AB around with me on my thumb drive. Its pretty easy.  I'm
> assuming you *don't* want to install AB on the 2nd machine, b/c
well
> that may conflict with employment contracts etc.  So here's what I
do.

> (A) At Home:  You would want to copy the entire AB directory. (ie
> C:\Program Files\Amibroker) to your thumb drive.
>
> (B) At 2nd Machine:  I've found you can just need to copy
the "Data"
> directory over to the same place on the 2nd machine.  So if your
data
> folder is called "RTData" create "C:\Program
Files\Amibroker\RTData"
> on the 2nd machine, and copy the stuff over.
>
> - Then just run AB off your thumbdrive, and if the Data directory
is
> the default it will come up with no problems,and without you
having
> to constantly change the data directory in the database settings.
>
> One caveat, if you use "scripts", those will need to be setup
again
> manually, since I believe those are stored in the registry.  BUt
> everything else works like a charm... espeically with the new
formula-
> management that AB does, makes it very easy.
>
> I've found AB to be very portable, and with cheap thumbdrives, you
> can really take it with you anywhere you go.
>
> - chris
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jenner" <ds1000@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > I am using AmiBroker on 1 PC (at home) that has Internet
> connection,
> > and EOD data feed is from TC2005..all is working well.
> >
> > Now, I like to use AmiBroker on another PC (at work) that has no
> > Internet connection...
> > Can I just copy some files ( database and settings on the 1st
PC )