[amibroker] Re: Tushar Chande Vidya

Eugene,
I don't have the code but the bottom is the discription from
Stock&Commodities articles.

"trendscore:

If today's close is greater than or equal to the close x

days ago, score one point. If today's close is less than

the close x days ago, the trends' rating loses one point.
Next, compare today's close to the close x+1 days ago. If

today's close is greater than or equal to that close, score

another point. Deduct one point if the close is lower than

the prior close.
    If(today's close>=close x days ago) then score =1
    If(today's close<close x days ago) then score =-1

Add up the score for 10 camparisons; the score varies from

+10 to -10. If today's close is greater than all the

previos closes, then the trend's score is +10; if today's

close is less than all the previous closes, the score is

-10. You could smooth? the data by adding fewer than 10days

or more than 10 days.
    Trendscore = 10-day sum of scores from days 11 to 20

I begin my calculations at 11 days back from the present

and go back another 10 days. Thus, I compare today's close

to the closes from 11 to 20 days ago. If today's close is

greater than all 10 closes, then trends' score is +10. If

today's close is less than the closes from 11 to 20 days

ago, then the trend's score is -10. In sideways markets,

the score ranges from +10 to -10. A positive score shows an

upward trend bias. Similarly, a negative score shows a

downward bias.

I prefer the 11-to 20-day period because it fits my trading

horizon. A shorter time of comparison may be too volatile,

producing frequent trend change signals, while a longer

comparison time is slow to respond. During long trends, the

trendscore remains at the outer limits, +10 or -10, for the

duration of the trend. In sideways markets, the score

doesn't remain at +10 or -10 for long, oscillating between

these limits."