[amibroker] Re: How to use AmiBroker on 2nd PC ?

I carry AB around with me on my thumb drive. Its pretty easy.  I'm
assuming you *don't* want to install AB on the 2nd machine, b/c well
that may conflict with employment contracts etc.  So here's what I do.

(A) At Home:  You would want to copy the entire AB directory. (ie
C:\Program Files\Amibroker) to your thumb drive.

(B) At 2nd Machine:  I've found you can just need to copy the "Data"
directory over to the same place on the 2nd machine.  So if your data
folder is called "RTData" create "C:\Program Files\Amibroker\RTData"
on the 2nd machine, and copy the stuff over.

- Then just run AB off your thumbdrive, and if the Data directory is
the default it will come up with no problems,and without you having
to constantly change the data directory in the database settings.

One caveat, if you use "scripts", those will need to be setup again
manually, since I believe those are stored in the registry.  BUt
everything else works like a charm... espeically with the new formula-
management that AB does, makes it very easy.

I've found AB to be very portable, and with cheap thumbdrives, you
can really take it with you anywhere you go.

- chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Jenner" <ds1000@xxxx> wrote:

> I am using AmiBroker on 1 PC (at home) that has Internet
connection,