[amibroker] OT:Re: Technical Vs technofundumental trading -- For Steve Dugas

My current view regarding this quest is that the universe is a non-
deterministic place and the stock market is a microcosm of it.
According to quantum mechanics, outcomes are predicatble but only in
a statistical sense. In other words, you can predict that an event
like price movement will occur but only with some percentage of
probability. Timeframe is essential in the equation because the
further out you try to predict from the present, the less certainty
of the prediction and there finally comes a point where the
possibilities are infinite of an event like price movement will occur.

A holy grail system where you win with every throw of the dice is
unattainable even in a theoretical sense. If I can develop a system
where I can win 70% of my trades I would be satisfied. There are
expert traders like Peter Lynch, Warren Buffet, Bill ONiell, Larry
Williams, etc who had it wired but their systems weren't 100% either
and are likely as close as humanly possible to approach a holy grail
system. Anything beyond these and youre into the realm of religious
mysticism.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone out there think that, at least theoretically, a
holygrail system is possible, and if so, do you think it would it
would it would more likely be possible via  very creative use of the
basic indicators such a RSI, STOCHK, OBV, etc, or would it more
likely result from someone's very creative coding that would be able
identify the various price patterns that happen just before a big
breakout occurs. What are your thoughts.  Ron D