[amibroker] Re: Future Prices

> AZ> Am I being given false confidence by my strategy because of
> AZ> futurereferences or is my thinking sound?
>
> It's hard to say based on such sketchy information, but if your code
> is looking into the future, you cannot expect to get the results
> produced by back testing in real trading, period, ever.  So I would
> say "Yes", probably the results are *way* overstated.  Normally,
> people who use code that looks into the future initially suspect
that
> they have found the magic wand, and they start making plans for
> spending a lot of money that they are never going to see. It simply
> doesn't work that way, and we save most of them from the disaster
> that almost surely awaits if such a system were to be traded live.
> Also, it sounds like you haven't decided if you have a 'system' or
> not, yet.  A system means (with very, very few exceptions) that
there
> are no "entry decisions" to be made, once the system is developed
and
> tested (where the decisions are made) and deemed worthy of going
> live.
> Yuki

Thanks for the reply, Yuki. I know what you mean when you say 'found
the magic wand', as my results were quite sensational. However, what
is the difference if I change my indicator to check for my initial
setup 2 days ago (instead of today) and then check to see if my entry
signal is there today (instead of 2 days into the future) and either
enter or discard?

As for having a system, mate, I ain't even close :-) I've only got a
few indicators checking this and that at the moment. Slowly but
surely, is my motto.

Thanks again,

Andrew.