[amibroker] Technical Vs technofundumental trading

Hi all,

I am an Amibroker user for a few weeks now and I must say it is about to turn my trading method 180%.

I initially purchased Amibroker to be able to generate optimal signals for a watchlist of around 100 stocks which I have selected for their fundumentals, however I am finding that my results work much better and more consistently on the entire stock universe (The 7000 tickers I have loaded in my db) than if I try running it on any watchlists containing less that 200 tickers.

I find that, in general, the most reliable entry signals occur very infrequently, and hence, signals are too few and far apart to create consistent results when the basis is my 100 stock watchlist. If I try to "loosen the parameters" and get an optimal number of signals for my 100 stocks, then the system will not be as reliable as the one with "tighter parameters" scanning the entire stock universe.

Before I ditch my fundumental approach (which quite franky has yet to give me positve results!) altogether and start using a technical-only system, I would be very grateful if anybody could confirm whether my observation about entry signals is normal, or whether I am missing something. Finally, are there any of you out there who trade using technicals only?

thanks for any feedback!

Claude