[amibroker] Re: OT:re: Yahoo download

I looked at historical quotes and the data wasn't there for Feb 4th,
but I was able to download by working around it.

Start Amibroker, then start Amiquote>Tools>Get Tickers from
Amibroker. Under Source, change to Yahoo Current. Under Edit>Mark
All. Then download. That worked for all except my mutual funds, so I
checked only the mutual funds on the list, changed Source to MSN
Historical and it worked.

Yahoo and Fasttrack are the only retail data suppliers that I have
found that provide total return data by reintegrating dividends and
capital gains. For preferred stock CEFs and mutual funds, that is an
important feature, especially at year end. Amibroker neatly handles
this feature and provides a true picture of the price action (ex.
CHI and DDT and yes, I own them both).

Thank you, Thomasz (Happy Birthday, BTW) for the awesome programming
and terrific support.

Ed

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "burtsmagic" <burtjohnson@xxxx>