[amibroker] Re: Question on HighestBars: Clement

OK, I figured out that won't work.  HighestBars finds the value of the
highest bar in the array.  In other words, it would be great for
finding all time highs.  To do what I was trying to do, you need to
find the HHV say over the last 40 days and compare that to the HHV
over the last 252 days.  If the 40 day as of yesterday is less than
the 252 day as of yesterday, and today is a new 52 week high, then I
believe you have made sure that the stock hasn't made a new 52 week
high in 40 days.  If you wanted to test for a flat base, you could
then find the LLV over 40 days and test that it was not less than the
HHV over the same period by say 20% or some other threshold.  Thanks
for the help,

Bret

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Quad Rate Serial Abby"