[amibroker] Future Prices

G'day all,

In playing around with indicators and code trying to come up with a strategy to trade that I can follow and trust, I am reliant on future prices meeting certain criteria before I enter a trade. Now, I know when I check my strategy in AA in tells me that I'm referencing future prices and the results will be overstated, but is this really the case?

I have a 2 part strategy. The first part tells me when a buy setup happens, according to my indicators. Two days later the second part tells me whether to enter a trade or discard it. Ok, during back testing AA did all the work, which it obviously cannot do in a real world scenario. But in paper and real trading I will be making that final entry (or not) decision.

Am I being given false confidence by my strategy because of future references or is my thinking sound?

Andrew.