RE: [amibroker] Use Tradestation in place of Esignal/MyTrack/Amibroker/Sierra

Please forgive me if this was already covered but the biggest 2 reasons I can give you for using Amibroker is portfolio level back testing and Tomasz. I was a TS user from the days of systemwriter up to TS 6 where I finally threw in the towel and went to wealth-lab because TS could not AND still cannot do portfolio level testing. I had owned AB early on but at that point did not have portfolio level testing and its data sources were limited. It was not until a few months ago I became aware that it had that functionality and I immediately bought the latest version. The Cruz brothers support is dismal at best and for overall flexibility you will not find a better bargain than Amibroker. As others have said the support here is extraordinary.  The biggest hurdle I have to overcome is trying to re-learn a single program and quit trying to do things in TS or WL format which I invariably do.

Duke Jones, CMT

From: Clement Chin [mailto:clement@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 1:24 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Use Tradestation in place of Esignal/MyTrack/Amibroker/Sierra

Yes. I totally agree. Tomasz is great!

From: Michael Robb [mailto:mlrobb@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 1:20 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The main reason you should be using Amibroker instead of TradeStation is....two words:  Tomasz Janeczko.

No where, in trading analysis and charting software will you find a product the features the quality of construction and quality of support that exists in Amibroker; and the reason why this is possible is, again, one man: Tomasz Janeczko.

If you ever undergo the experience of needing an answer from another program's tech support....or you even go to the extent of voicing a request for a feature you would like to have to the other company.....then you will know the reason why all the men reading and writing here on this list are here, and not at the list about a program from some other company.

Another thing: In how many forum lists such as this, for other products, would you find the large number of subscribers and program owners, virtually all of whom are nearly completely satisfied with the product and the support.  It is a rare combination, what we have in Amibroker and Tomasz Janeczko. If you are interested in excellence you need look no farther.

MR