Re: [amibroker] IQFeed backfill tick by tick

Hello,

"Tick" base time interval is supported only
by eSignal, DDE, and Interactive Brokers plugins.

Unfortunatelly IQFeed plugin does not support it yet.

I would love to add tick support but for that the feed needs to
have seconds in tick time stamp. This is needed by AmiBroker
to properly build 5-second and 15-second intervals
that are available when tick base interval is selected.

IQFeed tick feed however comes only with HH:MM timestamp
(no seconds) and we (and other vendors too) are waiting for IQFeed to add seconds
to their feed. Seconds in the timestamp was promised 1.5 years ago and supposed
to be ready by the end of previous year.

http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=189

I could "make up" seconds from local computer time, but obviously
local computer time is not synchronized with exchange and/or IQFeed server
and "making up" seconds would lead to certain ticks begin accounted
into wrong bar. Wrong bar data would lead to wrong charts and you would
probably not be too happy to have wrong charts.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com