[amibroker] Re: Resetting exRem at the start of the day

Anthony,

Thanks for this. I didn't use it but I think I have come up with the
a solution:

W=Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1);

Y=IIf(W,Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Short);
Z=IIf(W,Day()!=Ref(Day(),-1),Buy);

Buy=ExRem(Buy, Y);
Short=ExRem(Short,Z);

cheers

Sam

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>

<qweds_560@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > > >
>   > > > Thanks for this, this solves my previous problem of trades
not
>   > > > closing at a specified time if there is no data there! (I
just
>   > > > needed to >= rather than = the time).
>   > > >
>   > > > Unfortunately, I still cannot make the backtester reset at
the
>   > > > beginning of the day. I am now trying to use if...else
>   statements.
>   > > >
>   > > > Any suggestions appreciated.
>   > > >
>   > > > Sam
>   > > >
>   > > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
>   > > > <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
>   > > > > Try to close out positions at the end of the day
(untested)
>   with
>   > > > something
>   > > > > like this:
>   > > > >
>   > > > > MarketClose= 155000; // set to suit your needs and TF
used
>   > > > > EndOfDayPeriod = Timenum() >= MarketClose;
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Sell = sell or EndOfDayPeriod ;             // exit on
last
>   bar
>   > > > > cover = cover or EndOfDayPeriod ;
>   > > > >
>   > > > > Buy = buy and not EndOfDayPeriod;     // no entries on
last
>   bar
>   > > > > Short = short and not EndOfDayPeriod ;
>   > > > >
>   > > > > herman
Yahoo!
>   Terms
>   > > > of Service.
>   > >
>   > >
>   > > Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   > > http://www.amibroker.com/
>   > >
>   > > Check group FAQ at:
>   > > Yahoo! Groups Links
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >
>   >
>   >
>   > --
>   > Cheers
>   > Graham
>   > http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>   Check group FAQ at:

>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.

> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
1/27/2005