[amibroker] Re: OT:Two DSL Services

Just to chime in on this as I used to be in this business.
Wireless deployment is the most expensive type of deployment out
right now.  Granted the long term revenue stream will net back all of
the expense involved and without having to have a commitment to a
Bell operating companies for backhaul it is well worth the effort and
expense.  The problem is 2 fold with it as it stands currently.
Maximum non-line-of-site deployment is limited to 5 miles from tower
to home.  Maximum line-of-site deployment is limited to 25 miles
(this is on a good day with a clear view of the source and
destination). And deployment cost per tower.  Carriers are spending
in the neighborhood of $250,000 per tower to get the speed and
distance. Just aa bit ouot of the reach of most start-ups.

So when wireless arrives it will be great but until someone ponies up
the money to do it it will never achieve what it can really be.

Verizon offers a good wireless service but it is not fast enouogh yet
to get my attention.  Maybe for others it might work, just not for me.

Hope my thoughts help.
Gene