[amibroker] Re: Data source questions

Hi Dan,

I'm just using TC2000 right now for EOD.  It has all of the symbols
as well as indices, markets, sectors, and some technical
indicators.  Works very well through the plugin.  I just run the
update at night or intraday (20 minute data delay) if I want to scan
something during the day, and then copy all symbols to hard drive.
The trick to forcing the plugin to run off the hard drive seems to
be removing the CD from the CD bay.  Supposedly they are updating
TC2000 in the next month or so and you will be able to do it over
the web rather than being sent a new CD in the mail.  The obvious
question will be does this mean that you will then be able to update
directly to hard drive without a CD any longer?  If so, you will be
able to download 20 minute delayed all day long, and if you only
update the charts, and not the formulas, it should be extremely
quick.  When I find out how this works, I will post it here so
people are aware.

I'm using this for now until I find a better solution or require a
better solution.  I was not impressed with some of the yahoo stuff
and the free quote tracker gave me a lot of failures to download,
etc., and was very slow I thought.  But for $30 a month, TC2000
seems worth it to avoid the hassles and download times.

Bret

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams"
<danielwardadams@xxxx> wrote:

> I was fairly happy Yahoo EOD data for awhile but now I'm getting
tired
> of some of its eccentrincities. I just set up a data base of 100
> symbols and loaded historical data (going back as far as I could)
for
> them with Amiquote. Of the 100, 92 look fine but 8 didn't load at
all
> and there was no indication of a problem. Although I would like to
use
> all 100 in a backtest or exploration "immediately", I now need to
> scroll through all the charts to see if any data is really there.
>
> It seems that problems like this and data holes are getting more
> common with Yahoo.
>
> This leads me to the following questions:
>
> (1) What paid EOD sources are people using and what, if any,
problems
> are they having? I think I've seen good things said about Quotes
Plus
> but are there any problems with it?
>
> (2) I currently use the QuoteTracker plugin in conjunction with my
> Yahoo database to show the current day bar during market hours.
Could