[amibroker] Re: Training and/or User Groups

Hi Herman,

Your idea is dead on.  I have been wondering about training myself
as I want to harness the power of this program now, not two years
from now.  My wonderment was that I couldn't believe an enterprising
soul hadn't written a book or e-book on how to program AmiBroker and
made some money.

Bret

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> imho, The most useful to the greatest number of new, current and
future
> users would simply be well-written documentation organized in
chapters by
> specific topic.
>
> The advantage of well-prepared printed/electronic information is
that users
> at all levels of expertise can cut-n-paste examples and work
through the
> material at a time convenient to them, at a place convenient to
them, and at
> a pace convenient to them.
>
> best regards,
> herman

capabilities, has
>   >   there been any thought of "formal" training sessions? I
think I've
>   >   finally climbed most of the learning curve for what I want
to do but

>   >   it wasn't particularly easy and took almost a year. So far I
haven't
>   >   dug into the new (beta) backtester options but I expect the
curve for
>   >   that to be steep also. Meanwhile, Tomasz keeps implementing
new
>   >   features almost faster than people (me at least) can absorb
them.
>   >
>   >   I know the user base is pretty international so it's hard to
know
>   >   where classes should be taught. (And I doubt if Tomasz is
ready to
>   >   start whole new training "divisions" (one for the U.S., one
for
>   >   Europe, Austrailia, etc). Any thoughts?
>   >
>   >   Also, are there any user groups other than one or two I've
seen
>   >   mentioned (one in Dallas and one in California I think)?
>   >
>   >   I'd be willing to travel a reasonable distance to
participate in any
>   >   forum of AB-savvy people.
>   >
>   >   Dan
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   >   http://www.amibroker.com/
>   >
>   >   Check group FAQ at:
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of