Re: [amibroker] Training and/or User Groups

As a newbie I relate to requests for training. Attempting to sort through 70 postings per day, in hopes of keeping abreast of what problems lie ahead, and ways to head them off, coupled with attempting to read a 600 page manual, is a challenge. I cringe when an answer to a simple question is read the manual. I'm still in the process of doing so, and it isn't that easy.

 I have seen many suggestions about going to Clearwater, but feel beginners would still be at a disadvantage, as well being out airfare, and hotel rates.

The administrators and writers, and many participants are an educated and sophisticated lot. My hats off to you, but even among you, the crème of the crop, is patience tested. Novices always begin sentences with the fact that they are new; it seems waiting for their lack of knowledge to be challenged.

I realize most of those involved in amibroker are strained to the end. I also know that you're tired of hearing questions if the manual already answers that. However, as great as that manual is, perhaps there are lingering doubts that if I experiment, and do what I think the manual suggests I may actually create another problem that is not covered, or again ask the same sophisticated people, another really stupid question on how to get out of this or that.

Is it possible therefore to have a weekly subject with examples, and step-by-step procedures, for a particular starter topic? The tutorials are fantastic, and I don't mean that those instruments need be done, but a simple step by step approach to a common denominator may avoid thousands of future questions, and permit those of us who are less knowledgeable a chance to catch up.

 The person who started this topic stated he was at this a year, and still learning. This is a great program, and its expansion and success, also lies in new people coming in. Will these new people be willing to have patience for a year? If new people come in and the program expands, and more and more questions asked, and you have problems now, what happens then?  Will postings go from 70 to 200 per day?

Respectfully submitted

Do you Yahoo!?