RE: [amibroker] Re: ExRem

[Sam] I didn't understand...these don't appear to do anything since they are not predefined variables:

> Position = exRem(Buy,Short);

You were using Buy and Short in you initial code so they were defined...Position here is simply a custom variable that assumes the value of 1 when you are Long and 0 when you are Short - useful for a variety of purposes; for example plotting a Position Ribbon:
Position = exRem(Buy,Short);
Plot(1,"Position",iif(Position,colorGreen,colorRed),styleArea|styleownscale,0,30);

> LongPosition = exRem(Buy,Sell);
> ShortPosition = exRem(Short,Cover);

The above can be used similarly for non-reversal systems or when you use stops.

[Sam] However, I essentially want to alternate between going long and
going short.

Not sure how you generate your signals... the way you toggle your positions is new to me... my systems always define all four signals logically and rigidly. I do this also so that if I add stops the system will continue to behave as expected.  I am not sure if exRem is intended to "add" anything in the area of signal generation...but perhaps i misunderstand what you are doing.

best regards,
herman