Re: [amibroker] applystop help

Hi.

 Try ApplyStop(2,2,3*ATR(30),2,False,False);

>From help file:

ApplyStop( type, mode, amount, exitatstop, volatile =
False, ReEntryDelay = 0 )

volatile -
decides if amount (or distance) (3rd parameter) is
sampled at the trade entry and remains fixed during
the trade (Volatile = FALSE - old behaviour) or if can
vary during the trade (Volatile = TRUE) (allows single
line Chandelier exit implementation)

Regards

--- pennellp2000 <pennellp2000@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can someone explain to me what is going on here. I
> have set the
> applystop as below. If I understand it, it is a
> trailing stop, if the
> price closes ( EOD) greater than 3 * atr(30) below
> the highest high
> since entry I exit on open the next day. It uses the
> atr(30) value on
> the day of entry.
> However when I manually do a trade I get different
> exits from the
> backtester.  The atr(30) on entry is .0463, the
> highest high after
> entry is $1.5 ,  ($1.5 – 3 * 0.0463 =  $1.36)
> therefore if price
> closes below $1.36 I should exit the next day on
> open. When I check
> the backtester output it shows me exiting the day
> after the close is
> $1.38
> Is my use of the applystop correct or am I
> completely
> misunderstanding it.  Thanks in advance  Phill.
>
> ApplyStop(2,2,3*ATR(30),2,False,True);

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com