Re: [amibroker] "Force Backfill" function is not filling in missing data

Hello,

This is not the problem of "force backfill" but the limit of data provided by the DATA VENDOR, i.e. eSignal.

1. eSignal provides only maximum of 120 CALENDAR DAYS (not trading days) of data.
120 CALENDAR days means roughly 4 months. Now is beginning on November and
you can only expect getting 4 months back, ie: October, September, August, July.

I checked and can see that eSignal is increasing their retention and actually I can backfill
as far as back to May 24, 2004. (that's half a year). But officially retention is only 120 calendar days (4 months)

2. You should NOT change "base time interval". It should be set ONCE at database
creation time. Otherwise, after the change, you would need to force backfill for each and every stock
you have in your DB.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com