  From: Christoper
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 11:29 AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: jScript Questions

  > What editors do you use to write jScript? I'm using Textpad but
  don't have the 'context sensitive'
  > color coding that I have for Amibroker.
  == I use EditPad Lite.  Free text editor, but no color coding.
  Things haven't gotten that complicated for me in js yet.

  > Do you use desktop short cuts or command line entries to run your
  jScripts, say job batches for example?
  == For job batches, I just schedule them with Win-Task-Scheulder
  pointing directly to my .js file.

  > Assuming you're running native jscript and loading AFL forumlas one
  after another, (I know you
  > can test the boolean of the forumla load) how do you communicate
  the successful completion
  > of a composite(ATC)  build for example?
  == I've found that Excel is great coupled with AB's COM interface.
  The fact that AB has a COM interface is awesome.  I do most of my
  coding in VBA in excel.  This allows me to automatically 'filter'
  stocks in excel (downloading web pages, ripping out info I want), and
  then auto import into custom watchlists into AB.  Then auto running
  explorations into those specific watchlists.  Then generate reports
  into excel.

  == Once you have a system in place, AB's COM makes life SO much
  easier, and allows you to integrate other web-based info into your
  analysis.  For example, does here anyone trade stocks with upcoming
  earnings dates?  This info is available via Yahoo, and can be
  downloaded into Excel.

  >Will this run within AFL? - WScript.Echo("End of Composite 1")
  == Don't know if this will work.  But the way I see it, AB is my
  engine, and excel is my report writer.

  How do other people do things?

  - chris