[amibroker] Re: jScript Questions

> What editors do you use to write jScript? I'm using Textpad but
don't have the 'context sensitive'
> color coding that I have for Amibroker.
== I use EditPad Lite.  Free text editor, but no color coding.
Things haven't gotten that complicated for me in js yet.

> Do you use desktop short cuts or command line entries to run your
jScripts, say job batches for example?
== For job batches, I just schedule them with Win-Task-Scheulder
pointing directly to my .js file.

> Assuming you're running native jscript and loading AFL forumlas one
after another, (I know you
> can test the boolean of the forumla load) how do you communicate
the successful completion
> of a composite(ATC)  build for example?
== I've found that Excel is great coupled with AB's COM interface.
The fact that AB has a COM interface is awesome.  I do most of my
coding in VBA in excel.  This allows me to automatically 'filter'
stocks in excel (downloading web pages, ripping out info I want), and
then auto import into custom watchlists into AB.  Then auto running
explorations into those specific watchlists.  Then generate reports
into excel.

== Once you have a system in place, AB's COM makes life SO much
easier, and allows you to integrate other web-based info into your
analysis.  For example, does here anyone trade stocks with upcoming
earnings dates?  This info is available via Yahoo, and can be
downloaded into Excel.

>Will this run within AFL? - WScript.Echo("End of Composite 1")
== Don't know if this will work.  But the way I see it, AB is my
engine, and excel is my report writer.

How do other people do things?

- chris