[amibroker] user-defined functions

I'm having trouble finding the documentation regarding user-defined
functions.  Yes, I know it's in the docs somewhere, since I've seen it before.

1) I don't know what they're officially named so I don't know what to
search for.  "user-defined functions"? "user-created functions"?
2) Where, please, might I find a discussion of the rules of user-defined
function visibility?  Are they visible to only the code following their
definition?  What about multiple includes, each filled with user-defined
functions?  Are the included functions only able to call functions defined
earlier in the code?

No need to answer any of these questions, just please tell me where such a
discussion exists.

Also, I'd welcome any suggestions as to how I might have better figured
this all out for myself.  I searched every relevant word I could think of,
and looked through the Help's table of contents, and read the AFL Reference
Manual, but didn't see anything.  Did I miss something obvious?

Thanks.

     -Paul