RE: [amibroker] user-defined functions

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Ed,
Yes
the holes are likely in the data that make up your composites. As I understand
it Purify simply compares trading days to a reference symbol. Choosing a symbol
you trust such as QQQ or DJ30,CSCO etc,  should do the trick.  from
help....
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Database <FONT
 color=#ffffff>purify tool implemented
(available via Tools->Database <FONT
color=#ffffff>Purify)allows to detect missing/extra quotes, possible
splits, invalid OHLC relationshipApply to/range settings similar to AA
window. You can also right click over result list to add symbols to watch list
and copy the list to the clipboard (and paste it later to any other program for
futher use)

The
tool is designed to identify problem areas, not to delete the offenders. If you
are finding lots of problems you may wish to look at other data
options..

Regards,Jayson

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ed
  [mailto:vvsignin@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:27
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [amibroker] Re:
  Trouble with data for indices created by Add To Composite
  functionJayson,Thank you for your response.
  FYI the ticks that are erratic have consistent dates, but I'm assuming
  that you're talking about those symbols that make up the composites that
  I've created having holes. I did clean out all of the dead symbols and
  those symbols that don't have up-to-date data. I will check the symbols
  manually myself. Also, when running the purify tool, it seems that it is
  simply a reporting tool. Is this correct, or does the purify tool actually
  fix data? Lastly, when running the purify tool, can you tell me what
  'Reference symbol' I should be using? Thanks again.Ed---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
  The deviations are likely caused by data holes in the underlying data.
  You> could try using the database purify tool to clean up your database
  then> rerun the composite code to correct your indexes..>
  -----Original Message----->   From: Ed
  [mailto:vvsignin@xxxx]>   Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 11:04
  Subject: [amibroker] Trouble with data for indicies created by Add
  To> Composite function> > >   I'm hoping
  to find a tip that can help me clean up the indicies
  I've>   created with the ATC function. I've created about
  200 indicies from>   the Add To Composite function,
  however, about 1/3 of these indicies>   have bad ticks,
  usually at the end of the graph or at the latest>   dates.
  What happens is the chart looks normal and then a few
  ticks>   will deviate greatly. Is there a way to clean up
  these indicies?>   Thank you. Ed> > >
  > >   Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>