[amibroker] Re: Semi-Newbies remarks and questions!

>> From memory the parameter values for each indicator were global,
>> even in a SC, so if you changed them for one SC they changed in all...so
>> they weren't that smart!

t> William, I think your memory fails you ;-) I haven't used MS for a
t> long time either. But I can remember that if you change the parameter
t> for an indicator in the smart chart for, say, Microsoft it doesn't
t> change in the smart chart for any other equity. So the parameter
t> values are not global. I think that's the rationale of the smart
t> charts, after all.

It has been about 3 years and I dont have any soft spot for MS :)
I knew there was something about that SC feature that bugged me and
it was 'custom' indicators, not the built-in indicators. They are
global, so if you change an indicator in one smart chart (say MSFT)
they all change. That means a new custom indicator is required each
time you want to insert it into another securities SC with different
parameters.

>> I just tried to start MS up to verify that but I get is a GPF, oh
>> well.

t> MS is still installed on my harddisk and it starts without any
t> problems, but ... [quote] oh well [/quote].

I had to perform an uninstal and reinstall to get it working and even
then there was some nasty graphics problems with 7.21 on my system.

t> We are all "spoiled" by
t> Amibroker :-))

Not spoiled, this is the way it should be.

Regards,
William