[amibroker] Re: Semi-Newbies remarks and questions!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, William Peters <williampeters@xxxx>
wrote:
> G'Day Thomas,
>
> You hit the nail on the head, it is *similar* to the SC feature and
that
> is about the only feature I liked about MS.
> However the SC feature in MS couldn't ever have all the features
that an
> AmiBroker version could have simply due to the flexible way in which
> AmiBroker has been developed.
> From memory the parameter values for each indicator were global,
even
> in a SC, so if you changed them for one SC they changed in all...so
> they weren't that smart!

William, I think your memory fails you ;-) I haven't used MS for a
long time either. But I can remember that if you change the parameter
for an indicator in the smart chart for, say, Microsoft it doesn't
change in the smart chart for any other equity. So the parameter
values are not global. I think that's the rationale of the smart
charts, after all.

> I just tried to start MS up to verify that but I get is a GPF, oh
> well.

MS is still installed on my harddisk and it starts without any
problems, but ... [quote] oh well [/quote]. We are all "spoiled" by
Amibroker :-))

Greetings
Thomas

> Regards,
> William Peters
> www.amitools.com
>

> Monday, September 27, 2004, 3:16:12 PM, you wrote:
>
> TL> Hello William,
>
> TL> What you are suggesting reminds me of the "smart charts"
available in
> TL> Metastock. Since I was used to them it was a hard time for me
when I
> TL> switched to Amibroker. In the meantime I don't really miss them
anymore.
> TL> Nevertheless, I support your suggestion.
>
> TL> Regards, Thomas
>

> TL> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:24:50 -0400, in Amibroker you wrote:
>
> >> Hi Enzo,
> >>
> >> Dimitris has given you a way of emulating this behaviour but I
know
> >> what you are after as I have been requesting such a feature for
some
> >> time now.
> >> IMO it would be very helpful to have a direct link between a set
of
> >> chart sheets (Layout) and all related panes, and a symbol itself.
> >>
> >> This would enable us to customise a complete set of indicators to
> >> each symbol which is how I work as well. I like to be able to
have the
> >> *possibility* to return to a symbol and have everything as it
was.
> >> It would also be helpful to have a switching mechanism to quickly
> >> switch between the symbols linked chart sheet set and another
one, if
> >> required.
> >>
> >> The solution that Tomasz gave you is not a full solution because
when
> >> you press F3 and navigate to a symbol, or click a symbol in the
> >> workspace tree then it will display the symbol with the current
set
> >> of chart sheets. The same problem occurs when you navigate to a
symbol
> >> from AA list. However, this may be enough for your requirements.
> >>
> >> You could make a feature request. The more users that make a
request
> >> the more chance that features has a chance of being included at
some
> >> future point. suggest@xxxx
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >> William Peters
> >> www.amitools.com
> >>

> >> Sunday, September 26, 2004, 5:38:47 PM, you wrote:
> >>
> >> e> hello dimitirs,
> >>
> >> e> thank you very much for your advice. but it does not help me.
after
> >> e> applying this, in IB, there will be a new and empty pane for
all
> >> e> symbols except MSFT. what i want is to get a new pane for
MSFT only
> >> e> (in this example).
> >> e> what i expected is a symbol-related layout of panes/sheets.
it looks