Re: [amibroker] running auto analysis with no results, demo version - what's my mistake?

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] running auto analysis with no results, demo version - what's my mistake?
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:46:21 +0200

Hello,

Please check the settings, pay special attention to:

AA->Settings->Portfolio:
"Limit trade size as % of entry bar volume" (default = 10%)

This prevents from entering the trades greater than given percentage of entry bar's volume.
For example if backtesting daily data and today's volume for thinly traded stock is 177,000 shares, setting this to 10% will limit
the maximum trade size to 17,700 shares (10% of total daily volume). This prevents from 'affecting the market'
by huge orders.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Some instruments like MUTUAL FUNDS come without VOLUME data. To backtest such instruments please set this field to ZERO (0). This
effectively turns OFF this feature. Otherwise you won't be able to enter any trade at all.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com