Re: [amibroker] Brand new to Amibroker, need help with AFL

Hi nikku,

I came from Metastock several years ago.  (My, how time flies.)

I cannot program at all, really.  The concept of algorithm design and
translation to code are just not part of the way *my* mind works.  I
do other things quite competently, but programming is always going to
be difficult for me.  I long ago realized that.

But none of that stopped me from seeing pretty quickly that this
program, even several years ago, could do things that MS could not.
That was also the opinion of several other (former) MS users whose
opinions I held in high regard.  So I came over, and I got lots of
help.

And while there were a lot of helpful people on MS lists who gave me
a lot of assistance coding MS, as you well know, there is virtually
no one at Equis one can talk to, ever. Certainly one is never going
to receive e-mail from the chief of MS product development, nor is
that person even going to even lurk on an MS user list.

Here, it's quite a bit different.  Not only does the main guy hang
around (somehow he finds the time; heavens knows how), but he pretty
much carries on a dialog, when able, with the list.  Moreover, there
are a host of people here who will answer your questions, often quite
quickly.  Ask your questions here.  TJ, the main guy, probably won't
answer them personally, but you never know.  In any case, there will
be people here who will.

Welcome aboard.  If I can get functionality out of this program, any
non-programmer can.

Not only that, but I have the best system stats on this board. ^^_^^

The program "feels" different from MS, because it is different. Quite
frankly, especially in the very beginning, it's not quite as easy to
catch on to.  But it's worth the effort, as there is little the
program cannot do, and the developer is working on changing "little"
to "nothing".  It can do much, much more than MS of course, already.

With what you've said below, I suspect a lot of your 150 question
will melt away as you get a much smaller core answered.  You will
start to see how it works.  Ask away.  It it turns out to actually be
150 questions, you will still trail my inquiries by a wide margin.
^_-

Yuki