[amibroker] Re: Indicator Builder using Composites.

Duke,
You can access any ticker via AFL using built in AFL string functions
and Foreign or PlotForeign. Additional string manipulation commands
are easily implemented using an in line vbscript or a jscript in your
AFL.

For a general indicator builder code with compostites, first modify
your AddtoCompostite code so that it create an additional 'root' name
ticker for the sector when it runs. Accessing your date is then
simply:

mySectorIndicatorName = Name()+"OB_OS"
PlotForeign(mySectorIndicatorName, "C" ...);

when selecting the root name ticker from a watchlist.

If your individual ticker sector name matches your composite root
name, you can access the sector data while viewing individual
securities.

mySectorIndicatorName = SectorID()+"OB_OS"
PlotForeign(mySectorIndicatorName, "C" ...);

(there my be some syntax errors in the above pseudocode)

hope this helps,
downhillspeedster

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Duke Jones, CMT" <Duke.Jones@xxxx>