[amibroker] Re: Dragging to indicator pane doesn't work for me

> >> Which indicator you are dragging?
> >> Not every indicator allows custom price field.
> >
> > I have this problem with any indicator - moving averages, bollinger
> > bands and so on. The indicator contained in the pane is never
> > displayed in the price field
>
> I would say: impossible. Probably you are doing something wrong.
> CLOSE indicator builder and do not touch it.
> Then double click on the indicator to insert it into new pane.
> Then drag moving average.

Ah - this i strange: If I do what you say (double clicking to insert a
new pane e.g. containing CCI()) and then drag an indicator to this
pane it works like it should. But if I do exactly the same to an
existing pane in my layout conatianing CCI() the above mentioned
problem is back again.

But I notice that the two panes contain different formulas: The new
pane (created by double clicking) has simly this code:

_SECTION_BEGIN("CCI");
periods = Param( "Periods", 14, 2, 200, 1 );
Plot( CCI( periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color",
colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style")  );
_SECTION_END();

_SECTION_BEGIN("DEMA");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 200, 1, 10 );
Plot( DEMA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color",
colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
_SECTION_END();

The existing CCI pane has the following code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("DEMA");
P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
Periods = Param("Periods", 15, 2, 200, 1, 10 );
Plot( DEMA( P, Periods ), _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor( "Color",
colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );
_SECTION_END();
//--Indicator-End-- -- do not remove this line
range = Prefs( 33 );
_N( ranstr = "("+WriteVal( range, 1.0 )+")" );
Plot( i1 = CCI( range ), "CCI"+ranstr, -8 );

"(preliminary interpretation code)";

Buy=Cross( i1, 100 );
Sell = Cross( 100, i1 );
Short=Cross( -100, i1 );
Cover = Cross( i1, -100 );

"CCI"+ranstr+"=" + WriteVal(i1);

"A price momentum indicator developed by Donald R. Lambert - it
measures price excursions from the mean price as a statistical variation";

"\nCCI is now in "+
WriteIf( i1 < -100, "oversold",
WriteIf( i1 > 100,  "overbought", "neutral" )) +
" range";

bsbuy  = BarsSince( Buy );
bssell = BarsSince( Sell );
bsshort  = BarsSince( Short );
bscover = BarsSince( Cover );

"\nCCI has generated "+
WriteIf( bsbuy > 5 AND bssell > 5 AND bsshort > 5 AND bscover > 5, "no
signals during last 5 periods.",
WriteIf( bsbuy < bssell AND bsbuy < bsshort AND bsbuy < bscover,
"buy signal " + WriteVal( bsbuy, 3.0  ),
WriteIf( bssell < bsbuy AND bssell < bsshort AND bssell < bscover,
"sell signal " + WriteVal( bssell, 3.0),
WriteIf( bsshort < bsbuy AND bsshort < bssell AND bsshort < bscover,
"sell short signal " + WriteVal( bsshort, 3.0),
"cover short signal " + WriteVal( bscover, 3.0)
))) + " periods ago.");

Obvoiusly different. But why - and what has it to do with drag & drop?

Greetings, Thomas