[amibroker] Re: Removing IB Window -- NOOOOOOOOOO (and question for TJ)

Here is what works for me:
I always develop and troubleshoot using AA, not IB. Seeing the
numeric values is critical to confirming the validity of my code. I
don't do any tweaking in IB. If I want to tweak and see the visual
results on a chart, I add a Param function for that variable.

A Question for Tomasz: will the AA and IB editors ever become
dockable like the commentary and the workspace tree windows?

downhillspeedster

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps multiple monitors may help? I couldn't work without them any
> more...I often work with Chart, AA and IB each on their own
monitor. As for
> a full screen editor, I have been waiting for this for years :-)
>
> best regards,
> herman.

I hit
> apply.
> REASON:   When coding AFL that just isn't working right (Visualy or
Code
> wise) I very often make 1 very minor change then view the change -
And
> repeat this proccess untill I am happy with the result, Which is
quite
> often after MANY changes/views.
> Doing this - As you could appreciate - is best done with minimal
fuss.
> Adding the need to switch windows to see your chart is like taking
> "mininal fuss" and progressing it to the "medium fuss"
level.............

> I know this isn't realy a good comparison but............. Here
goes.
> Transparancy:
> Winamp does it nicely on my 850mhz 512mb PC WHILE decoding .mp3
WHILE
> milkdrop is playing animations AS my "desktop background".
> Why is it such a burdon for just the "IB" editor to be transparent?
It's
> not doing any excessive proccessing - And nor is Amibroker if your
in
> the middle of writting AFL code!!!
>
>     ATB
>      Michael.S.G.
>

> Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Don't you think that switching windows is good idea.
> >It is very easy to use Windows task bar, isn't it?
> >
> >As for transparency - this feature is available on Windows XP and
2000
> >and eats huge amount of resources (transparency is implemented by
> >combining two bitmaps on pixel by pixel basis), so I am not big
fan of it.

> >Best regards,
> >Tomasz Janeczko
> >amibroker.com

Backtest AND
> >>Indicator) - As Ken was saying - Make some changes - Hit Apply -
See
> >>chart results.
> >>
> >>Granted - It's pretty difficult with current IB builder taking up
so
> >>much screen estate. But you can still move it to see the chart
behind.
> >>If IB becomes one full screen - Then "Switching" windows will be
the
> >>only alternative?
> >>
> >>May I make a realy good (as in 3 stars!) suggestion.......
> >>   With the eventual change of IB to Fullscreen AFL editor - Make
the
> >>option to adjust the TRANSPARANCY of the Fullscreen window. So we
can
> >>still see the charts behind as we apply changes etc.
> >>
> >>   ATB
> >>    Michael.

> editor.
> applied.

M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=group