  From: Joe Landry [mailto:jelandry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: 17 August 2004 03:08
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Nasdaq Composite

  Try this for breadth indicators of the composites.  It's a routine I got
from another author who taught at Clearwater and probably would
  like to remain anonymous.   I use it on the Russell 2000, hence the ticker
names ~RUTAdv and ~RUTDec.

  Substitute your own ticker name and run it against the component stocks of
NASDAQ Composite.  Note it uses the 6 weeks new highs.

  //================= Up and Down  Volume==================
  AddToComposite(IIf(Close - Ref(Close, -1) > 0, Volume, 0), "~RUTUpVol",
"X" );
  AddToComposite(IIf(Ref(Close, -1) - Close > 0, Volume, 0), "~RUTDnVol",
"X" );
  //===================6 Weeks New Highs New Lows========
  AddToComposite(IIf(High > HHV(Ref(High, -1), 30), 1, 0), "~RUTNewHighs",
"X");
  AddToComposite(IIf(Low <  LLV(Ref(Low, -1), 30), 1, 0), "~RUTNewLows",
"X");
  AddToComposite(IIf(Close - Ref(Close, -1) > 0, 1, 0), "~RUTAdv", "X" );
  AddToComposite(IIf(Ref(Close, -1) - Close > 0, 1, 0), "~RUTDec", "X" );

  Sorry but I think you'll have to run a daily batch job that creates these
composites.

  Joe Landry