RE: [amibroker] Exploration Help!

Herman,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will try it out, but for the time
being I've given up on Amibroker and moved on to Excel for generating
random trades.  I just started a thread on this topic (Random Trades)
and would appreciate your input.

Wayne

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello wayne,
>
> It appears your post may not have reached subscribers, at least I
have no
> pevious post under this topic.
>
> You could limit trades, or whatever, by counting them in a
StaticVariables,
> this variable will retain its count accross multiple backtests or
passes
> when portfolio trading. You could also make the count Stock-
Specific by
> appending the ticker name to the counter variable name. For example:
>
> StaticVarSet("Cnt-"+name()",n);
>
> where n is the count. On each pass you can check it's value and
disable
> trdaes when the value exceeds the required count.
>
> There are also many ways to create random trading systems, see the
Random()