Re: [amibroker] Momentum Bars in AB ? Renko bars in AB?

Hi Stefan,

s> Hi Yuki,

s> Amiquote can also download data from MSN money ( check quoteservers
s> settings )

s> MSN is covering Japanese Markets.

s> example symbol :
s> JP:7203 for Toyota

This is not bad, but unfortunately, it's not great either.  I did
download quite a few of my trading issues, and while the data is not
horrible, it is pretty useless next to my pristine data, hand entered
year after year after year.  My systems don't get the same number of
signals on the historical data from MSN Money, and there are some
wild aberrations. Unfortunately, I find this true of *all* data, or
at least all data that pertains to Japan, free or fee-based.  Even
DownloadQuotes can't get it perfect, although it's not horrible.

So, because nobody can seem to give me data I can completely trust, I
maintain at the moment 4 databases, 3 in MS format, all of those via
the MS plugin.

Database 1 consists of about 20 issues, the only issues I trade, plus
indices, futures, and A/D and H/L composites.  All this I do by hand,
both intraday and EOD.  This is the database that can contain no
errors.  This is the database I do myself, and verify several ways.
It must be perfect.

Database 2 consists of roughly the Nikkei 225 and Nikkei 300 issues.
There is some overlap of course, so it's around 400 issues total.  I
let DownloadQuotes update this.  It would be nice if this database
could be perfect, but it isn't.  But I don't trade these stocks (with
very rare exception), so it need not be perfect.  Database 2 contains
all the issues I trade that also live in database 1.  There are
mistakes in those issues in database 2.  Occasionally I copy over my
pristine data from database 1, but invariably over time more
discrepancies arise.  That's why I will *always* do database 1 by
hand.

Database 3 consists of the 33 sub indices for the Tokyo market.  It
is EOD only and I do it by hand.  All I care about are the closing
numbers, and this data is not available for download anywhere that I
know of.  I get it off a Tokyo Stock Exchange web page, and I just
copy it in by hand.

Database 4 is a local US stocks database, and I let Amiquote and
Yahoo do it.  I don't trade it, so the data need not be perfect.

So, I have a need to update database 1 throughout the day, and the DL
is the absolute best way for me to do that -- or at least was.  The
AB Quote Editor window suffers from not being able to be opened over
anything but AB.  I'm sure TJ did not foresee something like this,
nobody can foresee every eventuality.  I wonder if I'm the only one.

Yuki