From: n7wyw [mailto:dennisljohnston@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:54 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Momentum Bars in AB ? Renko bars in AB?

I want to have constant range bars like are described below:  does
anyone know how to do it?  eSignal and ensignsoftware charts can do
it but I want to do it in Amibroker.  Also, eSignal can do renko
bars, does anyone know how to do that in AB?

Thanks

http://ensignsoftware.com/tips/tradingtips49.htm

Two articles in the Stocks, Futures & Options magazine
(www.sfomag.com) introduced a new charting concept.  The first
article was 'Paradigm Shift Lights the Way to Momentum Bars' by
Desmond MacRae, SFO Feb 2003.  The follow-up article was 'Momentum
Bars: The Sequel ...' by Desmond MacRae, SFO Apr 2003.  These
articles describe a charting concept developed by Danton Long called
Momentum Bars.

Momentum Bars are basically constant range bars.  The bars look like
standard chart bars with an open, high, low, close and volume.   The
high-low range of each bar is constant.  A new bar does not start
until a price tick is received that would exceed the fixed range of
the current bar.   Momentum Bar charts have the following
characteristics:

Each bar is the same height because the range is constant.
The close of a bar is always at the high or low of the bar.
The open of a bar is always one tick below or above the close of the
preceding bar.
The time period covered by each bar varies.
All gaps are filled with inserted 'phantom' bars.

Check group FAQ at: