Re: [amibroker] Re: PROBLEM WITH BUY AND SELL SIGNALS ON PRICE CHART

Firefox does the trick for me.

My story:

Two years ago, bought Dell Inspiron 8200 with *very* hi res graphics
card. Resolution was so high that I had trouble reading *normal* fonts
associated with many applications, but changing the screen res display
to a lower resolution property caused *fuzzy* display problems on my
lcd display. Also had problems reading many IE6 web site fonts.

Installed Mozilla and was able to get around online 'font' problem by
using Ctl/+ or Ctl/- keystrokes which increased or decreased displayed
online fonts. BUT, SUBSEQUENT ATTEMPTS TO SWITCH TO FIREFOX failed and
Firefox never functioned properly.

Kept up to date with automatic Microsoft XP updates, and therefore
avoided all viruses.

System performance degraded over a one-month period as a result of a
HD problem which *slowly* went bad.

With new HD installed under warrenty, I had to reload two year old
version of XP without the benefit of the two years worth of updates.
(But Dell support is excellent).

After loading orignal XP to new HD, 1st thing I did was to set up my
ISP connection to internet and connect.

Then, before loading or restoring any applications or data backups
from archives I decided to download and install most current version
of AVG anti-virus from Grisoft.  Bad news was that I already had a
worm virus just from the initial ISP connection to internet. (Didn't
download anything, just the exposure to internet with *original* XP
exposed me to worm stuff.)

The good news is that, with careful attention to AV and Spyware and
Operating System update stuff, my system is now running noticably
faster than before (and with no indication of virus or spyware
problems), and I'm now very picky about what apps I install that might
degrade system performance.

I bypassed Mozilla and went directly to Firefox which is now my
primary browser. The Ctl-+ and Ctl-minus feature is still a major
benefit to me. And Firefox certainly bypasses many of the exposures to
hacker crap that IE6 exposes you to.

Microsoft has done a poor job with security. But they are still the
only game in town.

If you are ever faced with a 'cold' reload of XP, you might want to
consider just buying an upgraded version to XP.

Don't know anything about Maxthon or Deepnet, but if they are based
upon IE6, I'd be suspicious.

daemon

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> I tried firefox and other mozilla based explorers and find them
fairly basic
> compared to what I have been using.
>
> I use Maxthon which is an overlay of IE, giving me a lot of the
features I
> want. Another newer addition I have found is Deepend which is also an
> overlay of IE, but this reportedly fixes a lot of the security holes
in IE.
> Deepnet just has a lot of bugs atm, but I am keeping tabs on it for
the near
> future. Both have the popup filters.
>

> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/

IE if you
> wish.
>
>         ATB
>          Michael.
>

> The only issue I have had is the following error reported by
Windows.....

http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Clicking_on_a_Link_Shortcut_in_W

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129vrneao/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=gr

oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1092013828/A=2164331/R=0/SIG=11eaelai9/*http:/www.n