Re: [amibroker] eSignal plugin (1.7.0 or higher) and "Allow mixed EOD/intraday data"

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] Question on VarSet and VarGet for Tomasz and programming gurus
  • From: "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 18:33:17 -0700

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Tomasz,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Please
forgive my ignorance but I totally seem to miss the significance of dynamic
variables... Unless you can convince me otherwise I think I would have preferred
to see the introduction of traditional multidimensional tables that can be used
in standard math routines...why is this better or more versatile in the field of
technical analysis? ... I have lots lots of questions:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
1) Can
dynamic variables be used to implement multidimensional random access tables,
like TableA(k,i,j) ?
2) Are
there any limits to the number of dynamic variables we can
create?
3) Can
dynamic variables handle only arrays or also numbers and strings, if so how to
define one or the other?
4) Can
we use multiple 'subscripts' like SetVar("VarA"+i+j+k, somenumber) to simulate
tradional tables?
5) Is
there any way to save them on disk?
6)
Could you give a non-trivial example/application?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
many
thanks for any light you can shed on this!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko
  [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 5:37
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Question on VarSet and VarGet for Tomasz and programming
  gurus
  Gary,

  One example (trivial) application:

  instead of writing:

  C1 = Ref( C, -1 );<FONT face=Arial
  size=2>
  C2 = Ref( C, -2 );

  C3 = Ref( C, -3 );

  C4 = Ref( C, -4 );

  C5 = Ref( C, -5 );

  C6 = Ref( C, -6 );

  C7 = Ref( C, -7 );

  C8 = Ref( C, -8
  );
  C9 = Ref( C, -9 );

  You can now write single line that will have the
  same effect

  for( i = 1; i < 10; i++ ) VarSet( "C"+i, Ref(

  Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
  <BLOCKQUOTE