RE: [amibroker] eSignal plugin (1.7.0 or higher) and "Allow mixed EOD/intraday data"

Hi,

Thanks Graham and Tomasz,

I think Grahams way may do it as I probably didn't explain enough.

There are actually 3 different "Ticksize" on the ASX ie:

0.1 cents To 9.9 cents    0.1 cents
10 cents To 49.5 cents    0.5 cents
50 cents To 999.99 cents    1 cent

I tried this code below but I think using the ticksize this way might
be wrong because of result Stop value.

Stop = IIf(TrailingStop < 0.10, TickSize = 0.01,
IIf(TrailingStop > 0.10 AND Stop < 0.50, TickSize = 0.05,
IIf(TrailingStop > 0.50 , TickSize = 0.1,0)));

Thanks, Glenn

> Hello,
>
> No need to perform rounding. Just use
>
> TickSize = 0.5;
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_backtest.html
>
> Quote from manual:
> "
> Tick size
>
> This setting controls the minimum price move of given symbol. You
can define it on global and per-symbol level. As with round lot
> size, you can define per-symbol tick size in the Symbol->Information
page (pic. 3). The value of zero instructs AmiBroker to use
> "default tick size" defined in the Settings page (pic. 1) of
Automatic Analysis window. If default tick size is also set to zero it
> means that there is no minimum price move.
>
> You can set and retrieve the tick size also from AFL formula using
TickSize reserved variable, for example:

>   TickSize = 0.01;
>
> Note that the tick size setting affects ONLY trades exited by
built-in stops and/or ApplyStop(). The backtester assumes that price
> data follow tick size requirements and it does not change price
arrays supplied by the user.

> So specifying tick size makes sense only if you are using built-in
stops so exit points are generated at "allowed" price levels
> instead of calculated ones. For example in Japan - you can not have
fractional parts of yen so you should define global ticksize to