Re: [amibroker] Param Function

This
is  a handy hint.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
What
about brokerage considerations??Is it possible to code brokerage into
the code?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Also,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Where
(after reading the tutorials) do you advanced dudes suggest us newbies go to
improve our skills? Worked examples like this are excellent but hard to
find.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Don

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den Bergen
  [mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, 5 July 2004 8:31
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: market position
  Here
  is a example of Pyramiding, by Tomasz:
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>

  Hello,
  Here is a simple sample of pyramiding "emulation":
  // the example system buys on monday, wednesday (increasing pos)
  // and sells on friday
  BuyCond = DayOfWeek() == 1;
  Buy2Cond = DayOfWeek() == 3; // pyramid
  Sell = DayOfWeek()==5;
  Buy = BuyCond OR Buy2Cond;
  PositionSize = IIf( Buy2Cond, 2000, 1000 ); // 1000 is first trade
  2000 is pyramided
  Sell = Sell OR Buy2Cond;
  /////////////////
  Please set trade delays to zero in the settings
  page.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: reyloufi
    [mailto:etrel@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 6:11
    AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
    Re: market positionHi hermannmaybe...look
    pretty sophisticate to meI just want to set the condition3 (just an
    example "buy when condition1 or condition2 occur")"if I am already
    long(because condition1 was the buy signal), do not buy even if
    buycondition2 occurs. If I am flat, buy "this is literally a market
    position conditionThanks to helpPhilippe--- In
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx>
    wrote:> Perhaps this is what you are looking for:> >
    delay = 1;> InLong = ref(Flip(Buy,Sell),-delay);> InShort =
    ref(Flip(Short,Cover),-delay);> > herman>
    -----Original Message----->   From: reyloufi
    [mailto:etrel@xxxx]>   Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 4:16
    Subject: [amibroker] market position> > >
    Hi>   Being a TS trader on e-minis futures, I plan to use
    AB to get better>   backtesting
    optimization...>   I have some difficulties to jump from TS
    to AB>   Having several buy/sellshort entry conditions in
    my strategy (ies), I>   use to have a very basic
    condition to control if you are already into>   the
    market>   In EasyLanguage, it is the MarketPosition
    function>   How does it work in AB?>
    Thanks to help>   Philippe> > >
    > > >   Check AmiBroker web page
    at:>   <A
    href="">http://www.amibroker.com/>
    >   Check group FAQ at:> <A
    > >         Yahoo!
    Groups
    Sponsor>
    ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > >
    the Yahoo! Terms of Service.Check AmiBroker web