[amibroker] MS database editing

Interleaved.

Dave

> Mark or any QP2 user...
>
> I looked at the QP2 site and it looks interesting. A few
> questions for QP2 users:
>
> 1) Do you just read their database using the Metastock plugin?

AB has a dedicated plugin for QP, quite fast. See the AB User's Guide
tutuorial on setting up other external databases.

> 2) Can you access data other than OHLCV? If so, how?

Daily data for QRS and EPSRank (proprietary metrics of theirs) are available
with GetExtraData, but not as far back as their other info. So are some
fundamentals, but I think they have only the one most recent value, so they
can't be backtested against. See the AB help on the GetExtraData function,
and note that only QRS returns an array (separate values for ea day).
EPSRank isn't documented there, or in the current AB ReadMe, so I'm not sure
how I knew about it (probably here).

> 3) It appears to be EOD data. How easy is the update? When is it
available?

EOD only. Update is a one-click process, followed by some waiting, during
which your computer is pretty busy. I think it's available at maybe 7:30 or
8PM roughly, except one day a week (Monday?) when it's more like 11. I
think.

> 4) Is there a way to get a current price for selected stocks/indexes
> 15 minutes before close into the same database without scewing up
> the next update?

Not from QP, but I think you could enter it manually for certain tickers if
you wanted to. AB recently added support for mixed EOD/intraday data inn the
same database, but I'm not familiar with the issues in detail since I
haven't done that. As far as I know, your manual entries wouldn't effect
QuotesPlus updates.