Re: [amibroker] Re: setting a variable as true or false

I need help learning more about using PlotShapes.   Below, I have pasted a
plotshapes code that plots some of the arrows so high that they cannot be
seen in the indicator window.

I copied the first PlotShapes example from the user manual, and then
inserted some of my items.     I would sure appreciate it if an
Amerbrokerian could finish modifying this User Manual example  so that It
will place the buy arrows all at the same level at the bottom of the
indicator window.  This is my very first need to work with  "Layers",
"yposition", and "offset".   I seem to need working examples of the new
things that I try to learn.  I think is was Graham who correct an earlier
example that I posted, but I was not able to get my mind around his example.
Maybe with the user manual example posted here, I can finally understand how
to do this.   Thanks Ron D.

Xdk=Cross(StochD(14),StochK(14));

PlotShapes(
IIf(Xdk,shapeUpArrow,colorGreen,layer=0,yposition=Graph0,offset=-12); <<this
is my start on the user manual example.

PlotShapes(IIf(Xdk,shapeUpArrow+shapeNone,shapeNone),colorGreen);<<this is
the code that plots arrows too high.

      SYNTAX  PlotShapes( shape, color, layer = 0, yposition = graph0,
offset = -12 );
      RETURNS NOTHING
      FUNCTION  Plots arrows and other shapes on any chart pane.
      Parameters:

        a.. shape defines type of the symbol. when shape is zero nothing is
plotted values other than zero cause plotting various pre-defined shapes.
Odd values plot shape BELOW indicator, even values plot shape ABOVE
indicator.
        b.. color defines color of shape
        c.. layer defines layer number on which shapes are plotted
        d.. yposition defines Y-position where shapes are plotted (by
default they are plotted 'around' graph0 (first indicator) line)
        e.. offset - (or distance) parameter (by default -12 ), Offset is
expressed in SCREEN pixels. Negative offsets shift symbols down, positive
offsets shift symbol up. To place the shape exactly at ypostion, specify 0
as offset