RE: [amibroker] delayed real-time data

You do
not have to understand how the functions work to use them, SS stands for
SaveString on disk and RS stands for ReadString from disk. Copy the two
functions ahead of other code in your indicators (or use an include file), do
not alter them. It may actually be a good idea to use an extension like .par
or .txt The functions save/read a single string to/from disk, where a
string is any combination of characters in quotes, like "string" is a string.
You can read up on this in the AB Help. When using SS() you privide two
arguments:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Filename    - this is any unique descriptive name for your
parameter, it must be contained within double quotes. The funtion saves a string
so you need to convert your number parameter to a string in order to save it.
AmiBroker has a nice function for this: Numtostr( YourNumber, 1.0). So if i
want to save the RSI Period of 10 on disk I would use this
code:
<FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>RSIPeriodNumber = <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>10;
RSIPeriodString = NumToStr(
RSIPeriodNumber , 1.0<FONT
color=#0000ff>); SS( <FONT
size=2>"RSIPeriod.par", RSIPeriodString );

retrieve this number from another indicator or a number of indicators, you would
read back the sting from the disk and convert it back to a
number:
<FONT
face=Arial color=#0000ff>RSIPeriodString<FONT
face=Arial>2 = RS( <FONT
size=2>"RSIPeriod.par"<FONT
face=Arial>); RSIPeriodNumber2<FONT
size=2> = StrToNum<FONT
size=2>(RSIPeriodString2<FONT
color=#0000ff>);<FONT
size=2>Plot(RSI<FONT
size=2>(RSIPeriodNumber2<FONT
size=2> ),""<FONT
size=2>,1,<FONT
size=2>1);
<SPAN
class=828340823-01072004>
<SPAN
class=828340823-01072004>Hope this helps,
<SPAN
class=828340823-01072004>herman.
<FONT
face=Arial><FONT
size=2>
<FONT
face=Arial>

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: recce101
  [mailto:ned@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 6:42
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Global Parameter??Thanks, dingo. Your server-client
  explanation was helpful. But I have not been able to save the added code
  to my existing parameters.afl file without getting an AFL syntax error.
  Where Herman hasfunction SS(FileName,String)I've
  triedfunction
  SS(parameters.afl,TestNumber)alsofunction
  SS("parameters.afl","TestNumber")andfunction
  SS(parameters.afl,"TestNumber")all with the same error. The context
  menu help screens haven't been of any assistance in that regard. What
  should I enter in the place of String and FileName? And I assume FileName
  in the RSI and ATR files should also be parameters.afl?Obviously I
  need some basic education on _javascript_, VBScript, or whatever language
  this stuff is borrowed from. The help files in AmiBroker assume a level of
  knowledge that I don't quite possess at present. Any suggestions on
  books?I appreciate all your efforts and apologize for being such a
  pain.Ned--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo"
  <dingo@xxxx> wrote:> H's code will do what you want but you need
  to learn what its doing so you> can modify it. Its not that
  complicated, really.>  > There are 2 pieces:  One
  containing a param statement and the other not.>  > the
  one containing the param statement and the SS function is the
  "server"> and the one with the RS Function goes into as many other
  indicators as you> wish and are the "clients".>
  > This is the way it works:>  > After you change the
  param in indicator with the server code it will write> the new
  value out to disk via the call to the SS function.>  > The
  client code will go into all of the other indicators that you want>
  driven by the server. When they refresh they will read the file and
  will> assign the value stored in that file to the variable used in
  the indicator.>  > d> >
  >   _____  > > From: recce101
  [mailto:ned@xxxx] > Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 3:07 PM> To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Global
  Parameter??> > > To better understand the issue and
  (Dimitris' description of what > I'm trying to accomplish is exactly
  correct).> > Save the file Parameters.afl in
  ...AmiBroker\AFL\Include:> > /* -- Parameters -- */>
  > TestNumber=16;> >
  TestPeriod=Param("TestPeriod",10,5,20,1);> >
  Title="\\c55"> +Name()> +"\\c33
  Parameters"> +"\\c55    TestNumber: ">
  +WriteVal(TestNumber,1.2)> +"    TestPeriod: ">
  +WriteVal(TestPeriod,1.0);> > Save the file TestRSI.afl in
  ...AmiBroker\AFL:> > /* -- TestRSI -- */> >
  #pragma nocache> #include<Parameters.afl>> >
  Plot(RSI(TestPeriod),"RSI",colorBrightGreen,styleLine);> >
  Title="\\c55"> +Name()> +"\\c33
  TestRSI"> +"\\c55    TestNumber: ">
  +WriteVal(TestNumber,1.2)> +"    TestPeriod (for graph):
  "> +WriteVal(TestPeriod,1.0);> > Save the file
  TestATR.afl in ...AmiBroker\AFL:> > /* -- TestATR -- */>
  > #pragma nocache> #include<Parameters.afl>>
  > Plot(ATR(TestPeriod),"ATR",colorPink,styleLine);> >
  Title="\\c55"> +Name()> +"\\c33
  TestATR"> +"\\c55    TestNumber: ">
  +WriteVal(TestNumber,1.2)> +"    TestPeriod (for graph):
  "> +WriteVal(TestPeriod,1.0);> > Now, with all three
  visible on the same screen, note that the TestRSI > and TestATR
  panes display the TestNumber value of 16.00 and the > graphs reflect
  the default TestPeriod value of 10, all picked up from > the
  Parameters.afl file.> > If the TestNumber value of 16 hard-coded
  in Parameters.afl is changed > to (say) 21 and Parameters.afl is
  SAVED, the TestNumber value in each > indicator pane updates to
  21.00 immediately.> > But if the Parameters pane is
  right-clicked and the TestPeriod slider > is moved to (say) 15,
  only the TestPeriod read-out in Parameters > changes to 15. Even
  re-saving Parameters.afl at this point has no > effect on the TestRSI
  or TestAFL graphs, both of which remain on the > default 10.
  However, if either TestRSI or TestAFL is right-clicked, a >
  parameters slider appears and any changes will immediately update >
  that pane, but that pane only.> > I would like to be able to
  right-click just one of the panes, either > Parameters or, if it's
  not really necessary for Parameters to be > displayed, either the RSI
  or ATR pane, and have both graphs respond > immediately to any
  TestPeriod change.> > For Herman: Thanks for the detailed
  response, but I wasn't able to > follow everything you wrote and I
  don't completely understand which > of your generic "example"
  statements would need to be replaced by > my "actual" data. If your
  code would accomplish what I'm trying to > do, and you have the time,
  it would be great if you could modify my > test files accordingly so I
  can copy-paste and take it from there.> > Many thanks to
  everyone!> > Ned> > > > Check
  AmiBroker web page at:> <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/>
  > Check group FAQ at:> <A
  Sponsor      > >
  ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129omg465/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr>
  oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1088795285/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp>
  anion.yahoo.com> click here      >
  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=>
  :HM/A=2128215/rand=686503035>       >
  > >   _____  > > Yahoo! Groups
  Links> > > *      To visit your
  group on the web, go to:> <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/>
  group, send an email to:> amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >   > > *      Your
  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service>
  <<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>