From: Dave Merrill [mailto:dmerrill@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 7:32 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Blanking a selected number of bars at the end of a
ticker

Sometimes when I'm working on an indicator, or training my eye, I'd like to
blank out a Param-able number of bars at the end. Not set them to zero, but
make it like they haven't happened and don't exist yet. I don't want to see
them, and I don't want any indicators to be effected by them, kind of a
controllable curtain over the end of the past.

Does anyone have a good way to do this?

Visually, setting the end bars to the background color works fine, but
preventing indicators from seeing them is harder. Setting them to null or
zero isn't the same thing; some indicators spike to infinity, or do
something else besides just cut off there, the way they do at the end of all
existing bars.

I've tried nested positive and negative Ref functions, pushing the end bars
"off the map", then moving them back on, but that seems to leave the
effected bars at the value of the last unaffected bar.

Any ideas? If not, would anyone else like to see a feature like this built
into AB?

Dave Merrill

Check group FAQ at: