<BLOCKQUOTE

  From: Brian
  [mailto:brianrichard99@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004
  12:46 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [amibroker] Re: Example of buying top N stocks ranked by some metric - no
  takers?
  Hi TJ,You do very good work and everyone knows it. This
  is not to say that anyone here works any less than you do, at what they do
  (aka, life beyond AB...). I am glad to hear you have hired
  help.Have you thought about hiring someone to write a marketing plan
  for your business? This will help guide revenue into the proper channels
  for maximum business efficiency at your end. At the same time, this
  type of methodology will help maximize your product
  potential.Thanks and good luck,Brian--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
  wrote:> Mark,> > > > > Tomasz, >
  > > > I sent you a direct question about this very simple code
  (below)to> > support 72 hours ago and a follow-up yesterday but
  have received no> > response except for you to tell me in this
  forum to "RE-READ THE> > amibroker-beta group." Is that what you
  call support?  If it has> > reached the point where simple
  questions get this kind of response I> > respectfully suggest
  you take a vacation.  How about a direct answer> > *about
  the code* please.  > > > Among other things I am
  busy developing software. > > I have hired an ADDITIONAL
  EMPLOYEE (Marcin) just to answer support questions.> I spend
  additional money from MY OWN POCKET to give better support  >
  so please do not tell me that I should go to vacation or I do not
  care.> > Sorry but I provide absolutely THE BEST, FREE
  support you can get on this planet.> > Yes the support is
  FREE. > $129 / $199 is one-time license fee for the software
  only.> > I guess I should start charging separately for support
  and then I will at least earn some money> instead of spending all
  my free time striving to answer your questions.> > As for
  response times - usually we answer in a few hours. Coding
  questions> however are NOT considered in scope of support nor they
  are critical, so we do it> voluntarily, so they take a bit more
  time.> > Sometimes there are more questions sent to support and
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/freesupport.html>
  > I have ALREADY given you EXACT POINTERS to the posts that explain
  > matching buys with sells:> > > Specifically the
  following posts (among many others) explain the process:> <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-beta/message/1020>
  <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-beta/message/1027>
  > See also posts that explain how you can use "buy/sell" logic using
  rotational mode:> <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-beta/message/1030>
  > WHAT IS WRONG with pointing you to already existing
  explanation????> > Do you expect me to REPEAT all the time all
  the same ?> > The answer to your problem is actually the same
  as:> <A
  href="">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker-beta/message/1020>
  > That's why I told you to look into amibroker-beta group.>
  > I am not going to repeat myself only because of the fact that
  someone> does not even bother to read my previous answers.>
  amibroker.com> ----- Original Message ----- > From:
  "quanttrader714" <quanttrader714@xxxx>> To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 4:28
  PM> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Example of buying top N stocks ranked by
  some metric - no takers?> > > > > Mark>
  ****/> > > > SetOption("InitialEquity", 500000 );>
  > SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1);> > SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 20 );
  // limit to 20;> > PositionSize = -5;> > Buy=C>0;//use
  a buy condition that is true for all stocks> >
  Sell=C<Ref(C,-3);// your sell condition> > // now use score to
  rank equities> > PositionScore = StochD(14); // prefer stocks that
  have high stochd; > > > > --- In
  <amibroker@xxxx>> > wrote:> > > > >
> [...]
  that said, the code I posted still doesn't work, LOL.  I'm>
  > > > surprised about that plus the fact that so far nobody has
  explained> > > > what's happening.  I must be missing
  some nuance.  Anyone care to> > > > enlighten
  me?> > > > > > RE-READ THE amibroker-beta
  group> > > <A
  href="">http://www.egroups.com/messages/amibroker-beta>
  > > The way how buys are matched with sells in regular mode was>
  > explained there tens (if not hundreds of times) there.> > >
  > > Tomasz Janeczko> > > amibroker.com> >
  page at:> > <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/> >