  >From:
  <A title=telecard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Collectable Images
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 10:29
  AM
  Subject: RE: Understanding Categories
  was: Re: [amibroker] Importing data into Amibroker
  Hello Tomasz,thanks for the reply.I have
  read the tutorials. printed out the manual all 300 plus pages, readit
  twice and left it at work over the weekend so cant refer to it now
  excepton the online version.I understand about the metastock
  plugin and set up a database using themetastock plugin.However, I
  have tried to follow these instructions and cam up with
  theseproblems.I imported one of my data directories. ASX. The data
  was placed in the ALLdirectory and in Group 0 and Market 0.I
  changed group 0 and market 0 into ASX Equities using symbol
  categories.I then tried to import my directory for London Stock
  Exchange. Usingfile->Database settings->Configure am I supposed to
  add further directoryfolders to this?? Where do they go? The yseem to get
  merged into All andASX?? They certainly did not make another directory for
  themselves.I set bars to 100000 to ensure all data from my files was
  imported. is thatcorrect? Now (even though the data goes back say 20 years
  ) the tree takesforever to initialise.I do not understand what
  process to do what I want to do.I want to import metastock files for 8
  different folders (ASX, LSE, NYS,etc) 8 exchanges.I want them to
  be within their own directory called (ASX, LSE, NYS,etc)under
  markets.Then I want to import data from another database directory for
  my futuresdata and put them in their own market name.Later I
  will go through these directories and select top 100 etc and putthem into
  a group called top 100 so that should not bea problem.However, at this
  stage I cant see how to import the data in the firstinstance. LSE data I
  have no idea where it is since I would have to trollthrough the ASX file
  to locate their codes I guess.-----Original
  Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent:
  Saturday, 19 June 2004 6:04 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  Understanding Categories was: Re: [amibroker] Importing datainto
  AmibrokerImportance: HighHello,First you should really
  read TUTORIAL and use METASTOCK PLUGIN<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_extsources.htmlto
  read MS database directly (so you don't need to reimport all the
  time).Reading all tutorial sections is a first thing a new user should
  do.Second thing is understanding categories.Categories are NOT
  folders (like in Windows Explorer)The difference is fundamental.In
  the explorer file appears (usually) only once in the giventree leaf.In
  the workspace symbol tree given symbol appears multiple times becauseit
  appears in every category leaf to which it belongs toeven if this is the
  same symbol and only it exists only as singleentity.One symbol
  belongs to MANY categories at the same time.For exampleAAPL (Apple
  Inc.)will belongto"Stocks" group category"Nasdaq" market
  category"Information" sector category"Comp-Computer Mfg" industry
  categoryand may alsobelong toseveral watch lists and favorites
  categoryALL at the same time.That's why ONE symbol will appear in
  many leaves of the symbol tree.Now if you delete the SYMBOL it will of
  course disappear from ALL categoriesbecause you have deleted the
  SYMBOL.There are two types of categories:1. with mutualy exclusive
  membership: groups, markets, sectors/industries  - it means that
  symbol MUST belong to ONE group ONE market and ONEsector/industry at a
  time  you can move the symbol from one group/market/sector/industry
  to anotherbut you can not  remove this assignment - create
  "Unassigned" group/market/sector/industryinstead.2. with free
  membership: watch lists/favorites/indexes   - it means that a
  symbol may belong to ANY number (including zero) ofwatch lists (and to
  favorite/index category too)  In this case you can remove this
  assignment by Watch List->RemoveWatch lists are covered in detail
  in the User's Guide:<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_watchlist.html(the
  same is available when you press F1 from AmiBroker)Third
  thing:if you use "DELETE" button in Symbol->Categoriesit displays
  the warning:"This will delete selected symbols FROM THE
  DATABASE".Again: it will delete FROM THE DATABASE, not from the
  category.Best regards,Tomasz
  Janeczkoamibroker.com----- Original Message -----From:
  "Collectable Images" <telecard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 9:28
  AMSubject: [amibroker] Importing data into Amibroker> Hello
  guys.>> This is starting to seem like a
  nightmare.>> Waht happens when my original datasource adss or
  deletes a stock code or> merges two codes together?>> Do
  I have to repeat the whole process for all the folders involved>
  (hundreds) at periodic time intervals unless I know escatly which
  stock> codes were changed? Finding that out could be a lifetimes work
  in itself.>>>>>> Check AmiBroker web
  page at:> <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/>>
  Check group FAQ at:<A
  Yahoo! Groups
  Links>>>>>>Check
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYahoo!
  Groups LinksCheck AmiBroker web
  page at:<A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/Check
  group FAQ at: <A

  Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd op
  virussen. Op <A
  href='"http://www.planet.nl/evs";'>http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een
  verwijzing naar de actuele lijst waar op wordt gecontroleerd.