[amibroker] Re: Example of buying top N stocks ranked by some metric - no takers?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gty182" <gty182@xxxx> wrote:

> >"If you describe what you do manually, then it may be coded in
> AFL.", ASSUMING that AFL contains all 'functions' that would be
> necessary to implement the manual-process description.
>
> I'd rather say _assuming_that_you_know_what_you're_really_doing ;)
and if
> you can translate it into binary yes/no questions.
>
> gty

I wholeheartedly agree!!  But I'd even go a bit further and
add: "...if you can translate it into binary yes/no questions" AND
formulate the necessary math relationships as well.  (;->)

As an aside, I recently took a 'silly' IQ test that popped up on the
Web, and the result was rather consistent with my ability.  Math,
both analytical and applied, has always been one of my best skills.
Add to that a visually 'artistic' bent.  So, what really caught my
attention was the characterization of me as a "Visual
Mathematician"!!  I sure got a pleasant chuckle from that, but as I
reflected further, it WAS (and IS) 'right on target'!!

So, with Dimitris's guidance to get me started on the right track
with AFL, being the 'visual mathematician' I am, I believe I'll be
able to pursue this E.W. project to a successful conclusion relative
to my original intended purpose......

Buzz