Re: [amibroker] Re: Example of buying top N stocks ranked by some metric - no takers?

Buzz,
The "Elliot Waves" message is now at
http://www.purebytes.com/archives/amibroker/2004/msg08567.html
http://www.purebytes.com/archives/amibroker/2004/gif00120.gif
You may see the att. gif for the E0 to E8 sequence [upper graph] and
the AFL solution [lower graph].
Details ASAP.
Dimitris Tsokakis
<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Buzz,
> > the gif will be visible in purbytes tomorrow, I will post the ref
> > when available. Until then, I think you got the message:      If
> you
> > d e f i n e carefully EW, then AFL will be on your side. After
the
> > basic code, you may add details, both qualitative and
quantitative.

> Yes, this will be quite fine, and thank you for the guidance to get
> me started in the right direction.
>

> > I will post the basic code tomorrow, for both AA and IB windows.
> > The rest will be left to you,...
>
> That is all I really need to move forward and 'take over'.  Thank
> you, again!
>

> >... I would be happy to stay out of this chapter, I don't believe
> there is something interesting in EW literature [sorry about that].
>
> No apology necessary.  You've been a GREAT help, and I appreciate
it
> VERY MUCH!!
>

> > Back to you soon, it is 1:30 after this Friday midnight in
Athens,
> > it is time for a cold beer and I hope you agree...
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
>
> I ABSOLUTELY agree!!!  (;->)  Whenever you're ready to continue
will
> be just fine, Dimitris ........ ENJOY and get some rest!!
>
> Buzz
> there
> > PRELIMINARY
> > has
> > more 'homework'
> > > have better things to do.[suppose the same for you]
> page=53

> > advise
> > > *before* the code.
> > >
> > > Dimitris,
> > >
> > > Thank you for taking the time to assist in this process.  I
VERY
> > MUCH
> > > appreciate YOU for it!!
> > >
> > > I was NOT able to see the 00e.gif attachment, but I DID
retrieve
> > the
> > > TAAZ chart.  I believe we DO agree on your statements 01,02,
and
> 11
> > > thru 16 (although I think 13 is identical to 15 and
> superfluous?).
> > > will restate the conditions from the point 'labels' on the TAAZ
> > chart:
> > >
> > > 01.  {'p0'(not labeled), p2, p4, pA, pC} are troughs,
where 'pX'
> > > refers to 'point x' or ('pivot x'),
> > >
> > > 02.  {p1, p3, p5, pB} are peaks,
> > > 11.  p5 > p3 > p1,
> > > 12.  p4 > p2 > 'p0'
> > > 13.  p5 > pB
> > > 14.  pA > pC
> > > 15.   (repeat of 13.)
> > > 16.  [ n0 < n1 < n2 < n3 < n4 < n5 < nA < nB < nC ], where 'nX'
> is
> > > the data bar number where each 'pX' point occurs, and
corresponds
> > > a sequential TIME marker;  hence, ['nB < nC'] or ["E8
is 'after'
> > E7"]
> > > are EQUIVALENT statements.
> > >
> > > There are some additional constraints as well:
> > >
> > > 21.  (p1-p2) < (p1-'p0')
> > > 22.  (p3-p2) >> (p1-'p0'),  [say, (p3-p2) > 1.2*(p1-'p0') ]
> > > 23.  (p3-p4) < (p3-p2)
> > > 24.  (pB-pA) < (p5-pA)
> > > 25.  (p5-pC) << (p5-'p0'),  [say, (p5-pC) < 0.7*(p5-'p0') ]
> > >
> > > #13 is actually 'encompassed' in #24 and so may be eliminated.
> > > think there may be some additional redundancies, but to keep
> things
> > > clear for right now, I'll leave the rest alone.
> > >
> > > From my current understanding of E.W., this would seem to be
the
> > > minimum set of constraints and conditions for the TAAZ example
> > > prototype chart pattern.
> > >
> > > I'm beginning to see how this may be programmed in AFL, but
I'll
> > > readily admit that this is rather involved.  It looks like it's
> > > matter of being very careful to make sure all constraints are
> > > properly encoded (as in any OTHER programming endeavor!!).
This